[SEDXC] Radio Shack rebranding to 'The Shack'?

Chris Wynn n4xfa at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 23:19:41 PDT 2009

Gentlemen:
I can remember, in the first grade, we played Oregon Trail on the Apple--one of three the school system owned (and I'm 32ish... :).  I can specifically remember associating the word, "spacebar,"  with the Buck Rogers tape-disk game.  Fast forward a few years, and all of my buddies started calling it "Radio S_it," due to their crappy (no pun intended) computer products.  In looking back, they were not so bad/ maybe I had really smart Friends (Obviously, they became Computer Engineers and I became a lawyer...nuff said!)

However, I will miss the name.  It was always my last hope to locally buy another PL-259, despite its quality, after screwing up and melting the expensive ones I bought at the Gainsville hamfest....

Just another American icon, gone by the wayside....

Best regards y'all,

Chris
N4XFA

Christopher L. Wynn