[SEDXC] Looking for some volunteers to operate during National Wildlife R...

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 09:59:58 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/5/2009 12:43:50 Eastern Daylight Time,
ironbutttad at yahoo.com writes:

Hi Tad, et. al
    You can operate any time you like and for as long as you  like.  I
believe that most of the activations will take place on the  weekend.
73, Bob-K4UEE
PS there is an informational email address for other questions.
  Thanks for your interest !

Hello  everyone, I went to the website but the dates were not clear to me.

Anyway, If it can be done on a weekend or just a Saturday, I would be
happy to provide my portable station and antennas for any operation that can  be
arranged--I can't do the entire week.  The station is a K3 (battery or  AC
mains) laptop (AC mains), a 30' tilt-up mast (just needs a small patch of
ground for 4 tent pegs and either some convenient guy tie-offs or 3 more tent
 pegs), a 20-6 meter (one band at a time) 3 element beam, a vehicle-mounted
 40-10 meter vertical antenna and an Off-Center-Fed dipole that can be hung
in  a tree.  I also have a tennis ball launcher for shooting lines (100'
plus) and miscellaneous connectors, cables, ropes, portable  tables and other
accessories to make it all come together.  this is  the set-up I use for
the GA QSO Party and Field Day.
What I'm not good at  is organizing/coordinating/getting-permission for
this type of  operation.

I noticed that there is a NWR north of Macon Called  Piedmont NWR.  It's
Website is  http://www.fws.gov/piedmont/

If someone(s) would take care of all  the requests, clearance permisions,
etc., I would be glad to go down and set  up and offer the station for a team
to use.  About the only other  requirements would be some kind of pavillion
or shelter or building to  set-up in (preferably with AC power.  I can set
it all up by myself if  necessary, but any assistance would be welcome.
Also, I would be happy  to allow my callsign to be used and would take care of
the QSLs if that is the  case.  Or if another callsign is used that is OK as
well.
Let me know,
Tad, WF4W