[SEDXC] Free Direct TV Antenna

Carl carlh at wb4znh.com
Sat Aug 15 07:57:57 PDT 2009

I found a Direct TV dish antenna along side the street.  I attempted to
use it to find a WiFi hot spot.  By using a USB WiFi adapter and a USB
extension I confirmed about a 20db increase in signal strength, but I
was unable to find a hot spot within range of my house.
So, now, the antenna is surplus.  I am going to Alabama next month and
will pass through Atlanta.  If anyone would like this antenna, let me
know and I will bring it with me, other wise, it is going to the
landfill.  73, Carl