[SEDXC] ARRL 160 WB4MAK Single Op HP

K. Edwards kredwards at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:51:45 PST 2009

I had never even been on 160M before this contest but decided to toss up a
resonant wire and give it a shot. (I should add that I also suffer from
restrictive HOA covenants).

I was able to work 32 states within a operating period of about 4 hours,
spread over late Friday and Saturday nights, using an unassisted, hunt and
pounce approach.

So, I am amazed and pleased. I guess I'll go ahead and try for WAS on 160M,
but getting AK and HI might be a challenge...

Equipment used was a stock Icom 756 Pro II, OCF long wire.

Ken WA4SQM