[SEDXC] ''NEW PLAN''

k4lms at bellsouth.net k4lms at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 18 18:33:01 EST 2009

 Dave,
I have been operating RTTY since 1975 between 7.085 mHz up to 7.100 mHz...And W1AW has been xmitting RTTY Bulletins on 7.095 mHz for the last 25 years and the freq. also has been published in QST monthly..Also K5D's RTTY band plan freq is set-up for 7.089 mHz. When I yak on RTTY, these are the freqs that I make all my contacts on. The freq 7.070 mHz to 7.080 mHz by a gentleman agreement,  reserved for PSK31 and all other digital modes at present. Dave have you operated on 40 meter RTTY, if so what freq. did you make ur contacts on???

So it actually does not matter any more, starting March 29, 2009 with the new band plan.. After that date the Narrow band digital (PSK31 and etc) will start at 7.040 mHz to 7.060 mHz, this is what I operate 90% of the time. And ''All Modes'' (SSB & etc) will start at 7.060 mHz to 7.20 mHz..So the USA & Europe will now be together.
David, the above statement is meant to be Informative, and NOT Condescending in any way..!! I really appricate ur time and thoughts on this discusion ..!!
73's
Mike - K4LMS    ''The Green Key Lifter''

  -------------- Original message from "David  Thompson" <thompson at mindspring.com>: --------------