[SEDXC] FW: [SECC] House Bill 19 banning?

kq6i at arrl.net kq6i at arrl.net
Sun Jan 11 11:00:27 EST 2009

 I read the complete [http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/versions/hb19_LC_29_3555_pf_2.htm]
and found nothing that bans anything. Accept perhaps driving "stupid" (lacking due care) with a cell
phone stuck in your ear or tuning your CD player, replacing a DVD, fumbling with the GPS or your
cherished Kenwood etc. Anything that distracts your attention from the business at hand (driving
responsible) can result in repercussions if you don't resulting in an accident. Amateur included.
That's how I read it.

There are states that have given amateur's an extra bit of leeway when regulating the moron cell phone
users and not lump us in to the same class (or lack of). Still doesn't relinquish us of our duty and
responsibility to drive responsible.

Craig
kq6i
Peace, long-life, and gud DX!