[SEDXC] K4UEE off to KENYA....5Z4/K4UEE

MAllphin at aol.com MAllphin at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 12:21:24 PDT 2009

Dear SEDXC and friends on the reflector,

I will be in Kenya, July 10-17th doing short term  mission work. (see:
_www.410bridge.org_ (http://www.410bridge.org/) )  I will be in  Kwambekenya
village located about 3-4 hours North of Nairobi. There are  several different
projects I will be involved in including a video  project and demonstrating
amateur radio in the local high  school.  I have an IC 706 MKII, and a "Beam
in a Bag".

The demonstration will occur next Monday and Tuesday ( July  13 and 14 )
from 2-5pm local time. Kenya is  7 hours ahead of us so  time here would be
7-10 am EDST.  I am hoping we will have propagation  on 17m, and will be
using 18155.  Just listen on and off as I will be  doing some other instruction
on that end and will not be transmitting for  the entire 3 hours.  You are
welcome to call me periodically.

Also, I  hope to be QRV for some DXing in the late evenings and early
mornings local time from our hotel overlooking Lake Naivasha. I have a  dipole
for 30/40m and will concentrate on CW (of course).  This is  definitely not a
DXpedition and operating time is limited.

Hope we can make it !
73, Bob- 5Z4/K4UEE