[SEDXC] SSTV and Weather

Roger Shaddick n7bu at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 5 07:11:45 PDT 2009

Since the last club meeting and the wonderful presentation of digital modes, I've again started to play around with SSTV. You never know what is going to come across your computer screen. Below is a link to some of the SSTV images I've received.

http://1lt.smugmug.com/gallery/6971969_ypfLX#446243743_dky8n

Now for the weather part of message. Last year I was fortunate to attend the ARRL Teachers' Institute on wireless technology where we do a whole day on bring Space into the classroom.  Last fall I received a grant from the Georgia Independent School Association to purchase a weather station for school. I also received a Progress Grant from ARRL that provided me with a satellite weather receiver and software (Thank You ARRL). I've created a webpage that displays the satellite weather images, the latest weather conditions at school, the Southeast NOAA radar image, current weather alerts and warnings for the Southeast, an US surface weather map, and links to other related weather information. I want to share with you the link to the page www.tinyurl.com/n7bu-weather. Please feel free to share the website link. I hope the weather page will be useful for any of you involved in weather related emergencies. Also let me know if there is anything you would like
 to see me add or improve.

 Roger N7BU