[SEDXC] Need help with 147.41 split FT-1802M

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 13 09:32:53 PDT 2009

I just got a Yaesu FT-1802M  2 meter FM transceiver to replace an older
Radio Shack 242
and have run into a problem with trying to use the 147.41 W4PME repeater.

I have never really used repeaters much but the Radio Shack let me tune to
the frequency and select up or down split and away you go.  The FT-1802M
has pre-set splits but their automatic splits stop at 147.4  I tried the
standard repeater shift and since I am out of band (147.4 to 147.6 are not
programmed for splits).  I hate to go to what the manual calls odd splits
where I have to indicate input and output frequencies.

If anyone has a Yaesu or similar can you point me to some way to get 147.41
use a -600 split?

73 Dave K4JRB