[SEDXC] Tuesday Night 3/3 Fox Hunt

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 2 06:10:19 PST 2009

Hello all:

I will be one of your two QRP Foxes on 80M (3550-3570) Tuesday night,
0200-0330 UTC Wednesday.  Mark your schedules that Al, K2ZN, and I have
swapped March slots.  I will be using an FT1000MP at 5W as measured on a
WM-2 QRP wattmeter and will switch between an 88' center fed zepp at 45
feet and an 80M inverted vee dipole with the apex at 50'.  The inverted
vee apex is about 20' feet higher than it was prior to mid January.  I
will start out listening up about 1 to 1 1/2 kHz.  I will try to select
a frequency on a half kHz mark so as to possibly avoid nets that will
start up later.  I will stay QRV and calling for the entire hunt period
and will listen on my own frequency after the pile up abates.  Hope
everyone will have fun and get two pelts this week.  Remember that power
is limited to 5 watts and the exchange is RST, SPC, Name, Power.  73/72,
John, K4BAI.