[SEDXC] GQP Excitement

Dick Bentley k2uft at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 19:54:38 PDT 2009

Probably not many of you monitor the Atlanta Radio Club Repeater, but the level of excitement among the regulars hanging out there is astonishing and much of the credit goes to Mike, NE4S, for taking the show on the road.  One of the guys this afternoon was talking about flying to the four rarest counties in a small plane and putting them on the air.  There will be a group effort being organized at the Atlanta Radio Club meeting place, the Red Cross building on Monroe Drive where ARC President has secured permission to utilize the top level of their parking area to set up as many stations as would like to establish a Field Day type operation, CW, Phone, Digital, VHF, you name it.  In short, I don't think we have seen such excitement in many years and that's just among one group of operators.  Who needs sunspots!

73

Dick  K2UFT