[SEDXC] Band conditions

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu May 14 15:08:36 PDT 2009

Solar flux is up to 74 today but still not much Dx.  17 and 20 are the main
Dx bands during the day and
early evening.  I noticed that Europe seems to get fairly good conditions on
17 and 15 to 0400Z and after when the bands are dead here.  Far east on 17
except for JD1BMM at 2300Z is non existent.  Nothing in the morning on 17 at
1230Z either except for an HB9 or two.  Even 40 has been poor with some loud
YB's but not even many VK's at 1100Z.

I hear some of the LU beacons on 10 but not a single beacon on 24.930.
About the only consistent signal on 15 is the broadcast station just above
21.450.  I hear NQ4I and KH7XS testing propagation but usually KH7XS is
merely back scatter except late afternoons on 17 CW or SSB.

The most consistent Dx signal is Chris TL0A on 17 and twice on 21295.  He is
using 100 watts and a dipole.  Guess that proves that being rare DX (at
least semi) adds DB's to your signal!

Guess its a good time for antenna work (between thunderstorms).

Dave K4JRB