[SEDXC] [CQ-Contest] Special Event Station N4I at Infantry Museum, Fort Benning/Columbus, GA to be QRV on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2009

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 11 16:58:54 PST 2009

Thanks to all of you who helped the Columbus Amateur Radio Club honor
veterans on Veteran's Day by working N4I and the other Veterans Day
Special Event stations.  I am sorry we at N4I didn't have a better
signal so we could have worked more of you.  We did get a little late
start due to problems with wind while putting up the antennas. We were
experiencing wind gusts of 20 to 30 MPH from the remnants of the
northeast side of Hurricane Ida.  They finally died off in the late
afternoon.  We had two stations on the air until almost 5 PM when the
museum closed.  The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center in
Columbus, GA, at the entrance to Fort Benning is a wonderful $60 million
museum that just opened in July.  If any of you get through this area,
you should plan for some time there and also some time at our Port
Columbus Civil War Naval Museum.  If so, please e-mail me, so we can try
to have an eyeball QSO while you are in the area.  Again, info on QSLs
and certificates available at www.w4cvy.org.  73, John, K4BAI.