[SEDXC] 3D20CR

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 7 07:02:44 PDT 2009

Many thanks to K4KAL for his posting.  As a result, I got 3D20CR on 40
SSB for a new band country.  I heard them on 40 CW around 1250Z, but
thought they were probably TX5SPA whom I had already worked on the same
(7020) frequency.  So, I didn't call until they FINALLY signed their
call and then ran out of time since today's first court hearing was at
1330Z.  It seems that DXpeditions today almost require use of internet
spots to determine who they are and they will go forever without signing
their callsign unless some caller insists on confirming who they are.  A
very bad development and a bad practice, in my opinion.  I'd not vote
for such an expedition as a DXpedition of the year, etc.  73, John, K4BAI.