[SEDXC] Needed: 4:1 Current Balun

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Thu Oct 8 17:40:13 PDT 2009

Hi Gang:

Well, I am getting tired of reading the postings on SEDXC reflector about 3D20CR, TX5SPA and FT5GA being "59 on 20M" or "REALLY loud here!" When I hit the posted freqs all I hear is N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!

It's time to put up the 40M EDZ. I have had this thing built for 6 months but been waiting to get the tower up and hang the apex of the EDZ on the side of the tower. The tower project is on hold indefinately.

So, I am tired of waiting. Tonight I shot lines into two trees and will pull the antenna up as a flat-top tomorrow.

I desperately need a 4:1 current balun to terminate the end of he 450 ohm ladderline and bring coaxial cable into the shack. This is only a temporary solution, as I will eventually procure a balanced line tuner and run the ladder line directly into the shack. But for now I need to get this antenna operational and for that I need the balun.

Does anyone have a spare 4:1 balun that is surplus to requirements? If so, please contact me off-list and we'll do a deal.

Vy 73

Rich K7SZ