[SEDXC] Conway Reef Rreport, Oct. 12th 2009

K2EWB k2ewb at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 08:54:57 PDT 2009

1200 UTC  Monday Oct 12, 2009

Hi Again DX-ers. It's my pleasure to advise you that the CR2009 Team
is now on dry land. Hans, DK9KX called me on the Satellite phone at
1200 UTC. Everyone is healthy despite many hours of rough seas including
high swells and winds. During this period no one was allowed outside on
deck. They had to remain in their cabins or other inside areas. To make up
for the difficult portion of the return trip, finally the seas and winds
calmed to the point that they had to return to engine power for the rest of
the trip.

Hans asked me to advise you all that the radio conditions during their
mid-day hours were just about blacked out. Many hours of CQ-ing brought few
answers
 during the last few days of the operation. The QSO total is approximately
at
 37,500. The computer logs have not been merged as yet.

After packing the antennas and all other equipment (to be shipped to
Germany) during the next several days, they will head home.  Their return
flights to Europe
will total 19 hours. I've skipped listing the times as it becomes too
confusing. It's easier to say that considering the time difference, they
will leave on Friday  UTC and land late on Friday UTC.

It's been rewarding for me to bring the "The Conway News" reports to the
DX-ing community. This will be my final report.

If you have any questions please address them to Hans, DK9KX as shown at the
Conway Reef site. http://www.conwayreef2009.de/
 Send us an e-mail: conwayreef2009 at cw599.de

Watch the Web Site for future information, or possibly this site also if the
team
decides to continue posting information here.
73 to the OMs and 88 to the Yls
Leon,  K2EWB