[SEDXC] Bad Weather on K4M

James Streible k4dli at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 18:30:07 PDT 2009

 From the K4M web page.

      *Just after daybreak a very bad storm hit Midway Atoll. We lost
      the cw titanex. This picture was taken just before it blew totally
      down and broke. The SSB titanex was taken down to save it, but in
      this weather we can not erect it for tonight. No more 160
      operations. *

*18 Oct 2000Z Commence tear down
Operation reduced to stations operating 15 – 80 meters. SSB tent taken
down. *

*19 Oct 0600Z 15, 17 and 20 meter stations go QRT
Operation reduced to 3 cw/rtty stations operating 30 - 80 meters *

*19 Oct 1800Z QRT *

*20 Oct 0100Z Depart Midway Atoll for Honolulu *

*Tonight is the last chance for 75 ssb. *