[SEDXC] Intruder on 15 and 17

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 18 11:33:01 PDT 2009

While trying to hear FT5GA on 21191 today there was a noise centered about 1
khz above that really spilled over on the frequency.  There were no signals
readable on the band except for the intruder.

I went to 17 meters and low and behold this same signal was about every 15
or 20 khz from 18175 to above the top of the band.  Only a weak W6 was
readable except for the signal.  The signal was S9
here and S7 on 15.

Its a partially modulated  bupp, bupp, bupp.....
It was on for 25 minutes and now is gone.  I heard it last week, too.

Any idea what it is.  The signal must have a lot of power behind it and
centers on 75 degrees (exact direction of short path to FT5GA).

Dave K4JRB