[SEDXC] Front end protection--question

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 11:22:58 PDT 2010

That's correct Tad.  It just goes in series with the antenna and limits
levels to around 1 V.  Its quite clever inside.  It has a pair of back
to back binocular transformers inside, and at their interconnection
there are back to back diodes to ground hooked in with a fairly large
resistance.  As signals get above the conduction point the diodes start
to turn on which saturates the ferrite transformers and you get very
soft limiting.

I've build and tested a lot of limiters - these are the best I have
seen.  I have two here - they work FB.

Hal
(not too expensive either)