[SEDXC] GQP midweek blurb

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 13:19:48 PDT 2010

Just a couple of days left.

We have a bit more on station activity.

N4GG, Hal, will Chatter from Cherokee, home
I think Hal will have competition from some other Cherokee-ians.

K4ZGB, Tom, just reports (via K4BAI) a probable Saturday run thru Haralson, Polk, Paulding, Douglas, Carroll, and maybe Heard.

W4LYV, Wayne Turns on a Transmitter in  Turner, Home.
KF4BI, Kieth, Tweaks a Tuner from  Turner, Home
W4GHW, Greg, Tries some Tricks from  Turner, Home
W4KN, Bobby, Tilts from  Tift, Home
KI4BSB, Steve, Tells a Tale from  Tift, Home
WI4T, Greg, Takes a Try from  Tift, home
All these "T's were from Wayne, W4LYV, thanks.

AK4IK, Ian, will be Flippin' Frequencies in Fulton, at Home.

NM2L, Greg, --I have revised my Saturday route to catch some additional counties on Saturday and dropped a few that W4NZ will be covering.  On Sunday I will be a wild card station, rambling around to counties that may need last minute coverage.
Saturday:             BANKS, STEPHENS, FRANKLIN, HART, ELBERT, MADISON, OGLETHORPE, CLARKE, OCONEE, WALTON, BARROW, JACKSON, HALL
Sunday:               Open, but will be active somewhere

Be sure to get your logging programs updated and tested.
N1MM has GA fixes in recent releases, V10.4 is the latest.

WX still looks good for weekend, after some rain Thursday.

I hope the solar flare has passed, and some good propagation follows.
Testing the mobile on 20/40 got good reports in TX/KY, about 3PM.

We are better prepared than any time past.
The bands will explode Saturday afternoon...

What fun!

73,
Mike

There is still time to make the list:
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org

 Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 2010 is on April 10, 11th, Join the party.
See gqp.contesting.com !
Be well