[SEDXC] YI propagation

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 15:52:29 PDT 2010

Boy the solar storm sure whipped out propagation
to YI on 40, 20, and 17.  They were good on Sunday but since then I have
noticed that much of NA can't even seem to hear them.  I did not bother to
call them as I usually wait for the pile ups to die down.  I only need YI on
75 and 12.

On 17 there was no propagation today.

On 20 they were working W6/7 via long path that switched to short path about
1700Z.  At 1730 the signals peaked at S4 with about 70% readability.  At
1930 when signals should peak they were ESP with maybe 40% readability.  I
heard a W2 and a AF2 say they were S9 at 2000Z.  Could that be?  A 4L was S8
on CW about that time.  There was another YI9 on 14175 working Europe but he
was not even a whisper here.

The storm is over and maybe conditions will come back.

Dave K4JRB