[SEDXC] GAP Mobile

W5JR - Mike w5jr.lists at att.net
Sun Apr 11 17:58:11 PDT 2010

What a blast!  Had thought I would be using phone for most of the
contest and that quickly changed as no one seemed to be interested in
talking to me. Well, CW was a whole different story. I had folks
following me on the radio down the highway. With no automation between
the laptop and the radio, the bumps in the road added a challenge to
sending acceptable CW. And the plan to use headphones was a bust when
the radio would shut down when transmitting with them plugged. So, my
driver - my DEAR wife - listened to my LOUD speaker CW for 5+ hours.

This was my first outing as a rover and there are plenty of changes to
be made before the next trip. Abd ut was a blast!

Mike W5JR/M - Atlanta to Savannah