[SEDXC] GARS This Saturday

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 10:59:40 PST 2010

Time for the opening hamfest of the year.

>From the GARS website:

TechFest 2009 is an official ARRL Hamfest. We'll start out with a free
tailgating session from 8:00 till 12:00 then open up the displays at 10:00.
This TechFest is going to be our biggest and best ever. We'll have several
clubs set up to talk to prospective members and go over their specialty in
amateur radio. You will also find a technical demonstration on DSTAR. We're
planning on Satellite, Echolink, PSK31, CW, QRP equipment, HF stations, a
booth from the ARRL and a Special ARRL Youth table.

We'll be at the St Marguerite D'Youville Church
85 Gloster Rd NW,
Lawrenceville, GA 30044.
Just off Highway 29 SW of Lawrenceville

Get directions to the GARS site at
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=85+Gloster+Rd+NW
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=85+Gloster+Rd+NW&zipcode=30044&country
=US> &zipcode=30044&country=US

SEDXC will have a table.  Drop by, bring a buddy, and help  introduce him
-or her--- to the club.

Wes Lamboley will be presenting DX101, which is always a chance to introduce
DXers and DXers in training to the SEDXC.  Drop by for Wes' presentation and
help us meet prospective members.

Want to learn how to do SMT?  NFARL will have a hands on session at GARS to
teach you how to solder-and unsolder-those tiny new-fangled chips.

I understand the chili will be back as well.    Get there in time for the
flea market, which opens at 8AM.

73

Bob W2WG