[SEDXC] [SECC] N4GG Wins!

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 15:40:13 PDT 2010

Thanks for the PR Don.

Yep, just about fell on the floor over that one, and it has gotten
better...

I still don't have my August QST BTW, so I have not seen the picture -
which I sent in on a lark a few months ago and forgot all about.
Apparently most of the pictures entered every year are of the form
"Tower and yagi at sunset."  I like pictures like that - wish I had a
tower and yagi I could look at, at sunset...Hi, Hi.  So, they found my
entry a little out of the ordinary.

Came home from vacation to find a nice letter from ARRL telling me I had
won and a check for $100.  You could have knocked me over with a feather
- I had forgotten I entered and didn't realize there was a monetary
prize.  Then yesterday, I got an email from ARRL offering me another
$200 for the right to put the picture into the 2010/2011 ARRL calendar.
I probably have close to $2K in the project, but money was never an
issue one way or the other - it was a life's experience so it never had
a budget.  The fact that its earned $300 back is VERY unexpected!  ($300
won't pay for the Nikon I took that picture with either, BTW...)

I hope the Woodstock P.O. delivers the august QST one of these days...
Hal N4GG