[SEDXC] HRD and QRZ lookups

Neil Foster archernf at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 25 13:07:53 PDT 2010

Several folks have indicated to me that while using HRD/DM780 that
the station information such as operators name, country, grid square
etc.are not being displayed when you click on the pop up window over
a call sign. The only thing they see in the ALE (Add Log Entry)
window is the station call. This is due to constant changes made by
QRZ.com. Beginning with the current build of HRD (2636) this is what
you do: open HRD, then the logbook, minimize HRD totally and open
your browser program and log in to QRZ with your identifier and
password, minimize QRZ then open DM780. If you are a XML subscriber,
this is not necessary, otherwise, if you are using the web interface,
this is a must. Since I am running the latest build (2636) I do not
know if this will work with earlier builds if you are not getting the
information. But there is no reason not to use the latest build. I
hope that information helps.
Neil   N4FN

"Let us not accept mediocrity in the guise of building self esteem."

All messages and attachments are scanned with NOD 32 Anti-Virus
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a great
number of electrons were inconvenienced.