[SEDXC] SARL DX SSB Contest This Sunday

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Jul 30 07:56:18 PDT 2010

See announcement below courtesy of K4JRB.

I was asked to send out a notice on the SARL DX Contest (from South
Africa). I looked at their home page www.sarl.org.za and found that the
SSB contest only lasted from 1300 to 1630Z on Sunday August 1.  The
contest covers 20, 40, and 80.  Most of us could only work them on 20 as
its daylight at both ends on 40 and 80.  I asked the ZS4 who receives
the logs why not at least add in a 2 or 3 hour window at 0300 to 0530Z
for 40 and 80.  I assume they have a CW DX Contest also on some other
date.  I was told August is good as its winter there.

73 Dave K4JRB