[SEDXC] More Detailed Directions to Firkin SEDXC Lunch Tomorrow

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Wed May 5 12:05:28 PDT 2010

SEDXC Reflectorites-

Firkin, yesterday I attempted to send out info via both the SEDXC  reflector
and SEDXC Yahoo Group.  The Yahoo route succeeded but the Reflector has
resisted all attempts to send out the info-and I have been informed that try
as I might, I cannot get around limitations of the reflector.

Here is an alternate.    I strongly recommend you Google for Firkin and
Lindbergh (I have not checked out whether other search engines will take you
to the equivalent information).    The first entry of Google search results
should provide a small map as well as other information.  Double click the
small map.  The "A" balloon marks the Lindbergh.  Tug the map around , zoom
in, and zoom out to get a view of your route.  For instance, you will see
that you can get off 400 at Sidney Marcus, head toward Piedmont, cross
Piedmont, and you are basically there.   There are garages-including the
MARTA garage --very close to the Firkin.

Slightly below the "A" on the map you will see the "M" s of the MARTA
Lindberg station.  You can see the Firkin marquee as you exit the Marta
facility.  I strongly recommend you print out this more detailed map just in
case you get a little turned around.

If you are coming by MARTA, take a look at
http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx , the rail map.  If you
are not a MARTA pro, the map will be helpful in making you know how to get
to Lindberg Center.  Many of the MARTA stations provide free parking ( but I
am told the one at Lindbergh Center is no longer free).

Just in case you get lost, I will have my cell phone with me (201) 317-4940.
One of the "downtowners" going down with me will be able to get you back on
track-not one of my strong points.

The maps I mentioned are archived in the message section of the Yahoo group
and are accessible there.  Why not check out the instructions on the SEDXC
main page and find out how to sign up for the Yahoo group?  If there are
photographs, files, or other similar material which someone needs to post or
distribute, they can be done with the Yahoo group but not the reflector-and
reflector overall policy is beyond our control.

If none of the above work for you, send me an email (w2wg at comcast.net) and I
will email you the maps directly.

73

Bob W2WG