[SEDXC] October Program

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 10:47:28 PDT 2010

SEDXCers and Friends-

As many of you know, Chaz and quite a few SEDXCers are down at Saba putting
some new ones on the air.  I suspect they have their hands full as the
pileups have been huge and propagation is not at a peak.  I did work them on
160m last night, but for a chip shot it was not spectacularly easy given the
QRN.

Since Chaz, the man behind the curtains, is our web manager, it is not clear
when he will be able to get the newsletter up and the program announcement
posted.  So, I have extracted some of the program details from KT4MM's
newsletter article submission.  K4L team members will run the program, using
their very nice DVD compilation along with live commentary to bring their
adventure to life for us.  I am certainly glad they and their equipment
survived the vicious thunderstorm which fell on them as they neared the end
of the operation.

"Our October program will be using the auditorium's big theater size
projection screen for the first showing of the just completed DVD containing
the compilation of the K4L Sapelo Island Georgia Expedition adventures.  Of
the fourteen island adventurers and two pilot operators, half of the K4L
team are SEDXC members.  So, plan on attending our October 21st meeting and
hear from Ricky, K4JTT and the other team members as they tell us about some
of their trial, tribulations, and accomplishments."

The meeting is THURSDAY, October 21, 7:30PM in our new home, the Rich
Auditorium of Piedmont Hospital.  Simply park as before in the North Parking
Deck and head directly across the driveway to the staircase with the Rich
Auditorium sign above it.

If I don't see the newsletter appear at SEDXC.org fairly soon, I will email
a copy to those of you on the Yahoo reflector.  The contesting.com machine
won't accept the material.  Hint-please join the Yahoo reflector.  It's
easy.  Ask if you need help.

73 and CU THURSDAY, October 21

Bob W2WG