[SEDXC] GQP full coverage!

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 06:15:28 PDT 2011

GM:
We have a green map today.

From Skip/K4EAK, Don/K3IMC we have this report.
Another rover team from the LaGrange Amateur Radio Club will be touring the
western edge of the state: K3IMC (with the assistance of KJ4RMZ).
Counties covered (some twice) will be: Troup, Meriwether, Coweta, Fulton,
Douglas, Carroll, Paulding, Bartow, Gordon, Whitfield, Catoosa, Dade,

Walker, Chattooga, Floyd, Polk, Haralson, Heard, Harris, Talbot, Taylor, Schley,
Sumter, Dooley, Crisp, Turner, Worth, Dougherty, Mitchell, Baker,

Decatur, Miller, Early, Clay, Randolph, Stewart, Chattahoochee, and Muscogee.
That may seem like a lot, but Don K3IMC is an experienced county hunter (all US
counties) (twice!) and says it's doable.
(Note -- Talbot and Taylor fill in the only two blanks left in the western side
of the state.)
This is the 3rd team from LARC for GQP 50... Great effort from LaGrange folks.
We also suspect that K4BAI will run a similar route as W4R also, getting us
great coverage.

Mike, W5JR:    I'll take the 13 or so counties west and north of Augusta (I
ought to find a ticket for Friday's golf!!!)
About 7 on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. More details later.
(Mike will use K4I, loaned from Jeff, NY4N for his run.)
(I Think the W5JR route and NM2L route will be similar... good, we get Burke
covered this time)

Greg, NM2L, will run the East side also in: Oconee, Clarke, Oglethorpe, Madison,
 Elbert, Wilkes, Lincoln, Columbia, Warren, Hancock, Glascock, Burke, Jefferson,
Johnson.
Exact days and route are flexible.  Greg and I try to be the sweepers, and will
be available to jump to  help anywhere.

Greg will use N4A for the 1x1 award.

Update from Chuck, AE4CW:
 I should have been more specific; I will be operating N4O SSB from Cobb on
80-10M. Mack (W4AX) and I will be operating fixed in separate counties
(Fulton vs. Cobb) during mostly the same times but always on different modes
(CW vs. SSB).
Chuck, AE4CW   (Excellent!)

With this new set of plans, and a couple more rovers yet to set a list, we have
excellent coverage.

I have a suspicion that it will take double coverage out there along the rover
routes to be sure that we do not drop a county when the Murph' comes to visit.
I will get the map "greened" in, then I will go back and color the "SINGLE"
coverage counties to Yellow as a caution.
This can be the alert for the rovers to know where the risk of a drop might be.

Thanks to all for the updates.
More as the info arrives....

Mike

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules