[SEDXC] GQP rover update, one week to go.

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 06:42:36 PDT 2011

What a great Publicity action by Bill, N4NX and Jim, W4QO on the PJ6 Mailing!
Wow!  with a bit of help from ol' Sol, next weekend might really be an
explosion.

A couple of updates:
The SECC club call W4AN will be activated by Jeff, KU8E for GQP.
W4AN is always looked for in our event.

From Sandy:
N4I (WB4EVH & KW4M) WILL RUN CRAWFORD, PEACH, MACON, TAYLOR, SCHLEY, MARION,
WEBSTER, SUMTER, LEE, CRISP, DOOLY, WILCOX, TURNER, BEN HILL, COFFEE, TELFAIR ON
SATURDAY.
SUNDAY: JEFF DAVIS, TELFAIR?, WHEELER, MONTGOMERY, TOOMBS, EMANUEL, TRUETLEN,
LAURENS, BLECKLEY, TWIGGS, WILKINSON, JONES, BALDWIN ON SSB AND CW BOTH DAYS.
SANDY WB4EVH

With Sandy's list, we have single rover coverage in 52 counties.  (+/- one or
two by my eyeball count)
There are a few counties with single coverage with fixed or portable operations,
but there is less risk of a missing county there.
Da Murph is partial to the rovers... hi.

I will try the yellow/caution color scheme tonight to help rovers put those
counties on their priority list.

(I am having a bit of a problem with my crayons.  They do not like to fill a
dithered background like the green.)
Perhaps the remaining rover postings will help the coverage.
And, Norm, WA4ZXV, had made a much more detailed coverage map, and may update it
to our situation with a URL pointer.

What is really amazing is the response folks have offered up for GQP 50.
When have we ever had the chance to discuss "multiple coverage" at all, much
less trying to get all 159 planned twice?
And 6000 direct mail to active DXers...!
18 station with 1x1 calls...!  ( and more by way of managed call shares)
The search for Party Pioneers...!

This is the last week, time to set your final plans, and let us know of new or
changed items.

 I will get today's new info on the web in a few minutes.
And try to color inside the lines a bit later.

Many Thanks,
Mike

 Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules