[SEDXC] SOLVED by KD4LXQ Re: Port 4444 - is it blocked with ISP ATT?

Don Nesbitt n4hh at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 15:12:57 PDT 2011

Thanks for all the kind responses and suggestions.

The problem is SOLVED - and Port 4444 was NOT blocked.

Chuck Daley - KD4LXQ - got me on the phone and very methodically attacked the problem step by step.  The solution involved configuring the MODEM first and then configuring the Router.  Once the MODEM was properly set, everything else fell into place.  I NEVER would have been able to solve this by myself - never suspected that the MODEM was actually filtering and pretty much creating the problem.

Chuck - THANK YOU - and guys and gals, Chuck is amazing - network problems, he's your man.  Chuck - you should be a teacher!  Many thanks again.  '73 es gud dxing -- Don N4HH