[SEDXC] Fw: Stainless Steel Hardware for the CL-33M Yagi

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Aug 24 14:42:51 PDT 2011

The 2" U bolts you going to find at HD and Lowes are for pipe size, not
tubing as you have on the antenna.  Also you will not find any U bolts ,
stainless , at HD or Lowes with the saddle.  All the antenna manufacturers
use tubing size.  Unless you want to redrill every thing you will need the
tubing size U bolts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Arland
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:56 PM
To: SECC ; South East DX Club ; North Georgia QRP Group
Subject: [SEDXC] Stainless Steel Hardware for the CL-33M Yagi

Sticker shock just hit me!! Called Mosley and they want $190 for a complete
set of hardware for this antenna. Of course it is all stainless. I went to
Lowes and their 2" 5/16 SS U-bolts are almost $7/ea. I need NINE!!! Besides
I need some aluminum blocks that mount to the elements/boom plus the
boom-to-mast bracket. I figured that I could fabricate the boom-to-mast
bracket myself out of aluminum stock.

Does anyone have a source of SS hardware that won't break the bank?? All I
really need are the U-bolts, nuts & lockwashers, plus some screws and bolts.
I think I can get the aluminum blocks from Mosley. If I had an idea of what
they looked like I could possibly fabricate them myself, but the pix in the
beam manual are really bad....they are line drawings and it is hard to
discern exactly what they look like and how big they are.

Ideas??
73
Rich Arland, K7SZ
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
"Cogito Ergo CQ" ("I think therefore I HAM")