[SEDXC] VP8ORK 80/75 signal last nite at 0400Z

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 7 18:25:00 PST 2011

VP8ORK was a nice 569 on CW but on 3790 the SSB signal was virtually ESP.  I
kept the RX on his frequency and every once in a while you heard him give a
call sign or report.  Seems he was getting into Europe and the West Coast
(even Hawaii as AH7C made it).  Steve N4XM gave them 3/3 and that was
generous.  Wonder why the difference in signal between CW and SSB?

Best bet is 20 and 40.  They were 10Over on 7055 SSB last week.  They were
spotted on 18145 today at 2000Z but most Stateside were reporting
no signal.  I heard nothing in my 10 minutes of listening.

73 Dave K4JRB