[SEDXC] TJ9PF news - February 14th

Ralph K1ZZI k1zzi at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 05:02:56 PST 2011

Hi friends

Yesterday we told you that the team had to stop five of the six amplifiers.
Only one was used for 160m.
This is the explanation:

TJ9PF is using the Hotel AC generator, and all the energy was used for the
traffic radio.  So it means also numerous electricity cuts, no current water
and showers available nor air conditioning.  It was the main reason.

The weather is very hot.  To have an idea of the weather for Kibri
http://monde.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-cameroun/ville/previsions-meteo-kribi-8
531-0.php in centigrade or http://www.datameteo.com/meteo/weather_kribi in
Fahrenheit.

For the traffic on lower bands and despite the theft of most of a Beverage
antenna (more than 150 meters of copper wire stolen), today are set up three
Beverage antennas as follows:

One for NA - 130m
One for EU - 250m
One for JA and Far East - 150m

To make contacts with the VK/ZL area is always very difficult, even if the
crew sends specific calls.

About 9,000 QSO were logged yesterday on Sunday.

Today Monday the traffic is scheduled like this:

- 10 SSB
- 15 SSB
- 12 CW
- 17 CW
- 20 and 15 RTTY

I'm always receiving messages about the traffic, or with questions informing
for mistakes or losses in the log.
All of them are forwarded to Serge/F6AML, Pilot station.

To avoid time losses, I think it's more convenient to send them directly to
Serge/F6AML at: pilote.f6kop at yahoo.fr

Be lucky

Thanks for the information to: Frank/F4AJQ, Serge/F6AML, Thierry/F4TTR

73

Maurice, F5NQL
Informations Internet par Mailing List pour TJ9PF - http://www.tj9pf.fr/ -