[SEDXC] Please Bring QSL Card for Leo to Meeting

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 18:02:37 PST 2011

SEDXCers-

KT4MM thought of the obvious.  As you may have seen an earlier email, Leo
Myers, long time WRL head honcho is celebrating his 100th birthday in
February, and the QCWA wants to flood him with a stack of QSL cards with
Happy Birthday greetings on them.  If you have ever admired any of Leo’s Big
Iron, I’m sure he would like to hear from you.

If you bring a QSL  card with your message for Leo  to the SEDXC meeting
tomorrow night, we will collect them and send them as a package from the
club.

Again thanks to KT4MM for thinking of this.

73

Bob W2WG

WRL, World Radio Labs

Hi Everybody,

On Feb 24th QCWA Chapter 154 in West Palm Springs is celebrating Leo's 100th
birthday. For those that don't remember Leo owned and operated World Radio
Laboratories in Council Bluffs, IA for many years.

So here's the plan, take a QSL card, write 'Happy 100th Birthday Leo' on it
and send it to:

Leo Meyerson, W0GFQ

19 Park Lane

Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

Gene Pentecost, President of Chapter 154 will make sure they get to the
party so everyone that attends can enjoy them.

One last thing, tell every ham you know to do the same thing, QCWA member or
not. Spread the word, at every radio club meeting you attend, at every net
you check into.

I want Leo to get hundreds, maybe even thousands of cards.

tnx es 73,

Bob Roske, NØUF

QCWA President