[SEDXC] Message of Thanks from Faye Rowe, the Widow of Gordon Rowe, K4OD

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Jan 28 12:38:18 PST 2011

Dear John,

Just a short note to thank you for your contribution to Gordon's (K4OD)
memorial fund.  You and all of his friends in the SECC and Hams he knew
have been a tremendous help to me since his death.  He loved his time on
the air whether CW or SSB with you and all the other hams.  I realize
now just what a tight knit group all of you hams are.  I enjoyed
listening to his communications with y' all even if I can't copy any of
the CW.  I would come into the den (his ham shack) and listen to what he
was doing  on the radio, sometimes for hours at a time, especially when
he was working a contest or a DX expedition.

You and Paul and Mike (and many others) have been true friends to Gordon
over the years and he truly cherished that friendship.  Now he's in that
big ham shack in heaven.  So don't be surprised if you hear him on the
air sometimes if he can figure out a way to do so.  He and James (K4BK)
are having a ball I'm sure.

I miss him terribly and will never forget our time together. He was the
best thing tha ever happened to me.  We just missed being married for 20
years by 15 days.
Pass this on to everyone with my heatfelt blessings to you all. Best
73's to you and yours.

Thank you,
Faye (K4OD's XKL)