[SEDXC] [sedxc] 3A2LF 3A2MD

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 11 14:14:15 PST 2011

Bernie, W3UR is correct.  There is a mountain in the way of some of the path to the USA.  I hear VE1 and W1's working 3A2 with good signals and most times 3A2 is weak or no signal.  Long path is how I worked my first 3A on 20.  The ones I worked on 15, 17, and 12 had heavy echos meaning they were dual path.

Another one that has a mountain in the way is JX.  I tried when LA7VDA was on JX to make a 17 meter QSO with no luck.  A W0 who reported him 5/9 could not understand why no copy here.  A recent JX used a vertical with better results as several SEDXC hams worked him on 17 SSB.

Signals on 15 and 20 should come Long Path in the early morning right now with spots so high.  You have to get the 3A to beam long path.

73 Dave K4JRB