[SEDXC] Band Pass Filters

Jack Nelson jack.nelson at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 24 14:22:21 PDT 2011

Good afternoon all.

Now and then, I like to leave the 7600/9500/stacked StepIRs, and take the
popup and do a little QRP to the Field. I generally have someone with me and
we throw up a couple W3EDPs into some trees and try to operate on two bands.

This is where we have problems. Even at QRP levels, one station is always
interferring with the other station. My question is: what's the solution? I
know contesting, much less DXpeditions must overcome this problem. My first
thought was the W3NQN band filters. At $105-$125 a band, this can get rather
expensive.

Here is the question. I've seen "kits" that contain the necessary parts.
Some kits include just the torroids, while others contain the caps as well.
I've also read and been told that while you can get the torroids, the caps
used by W3NQN are not available to individuals. I'd like to build them
myself, and same somre $$s at the same time, but unless I can get close to
the performance of the original, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

73's Jack  K5FSE
Treas  QRP ARCI

PS - Now, if I REALLY had the station listed above, do you think I'd give a
rat's xxx about QRP to the Field! Not on your life!

jack.nelson at mindspring.com