[SEDXC] FW: Band Pass Filters

AE4CW ae4cw at att.net
Mon Oct 24 15:12:10 PDT 2011

For Field Day this year we put together stub-based band rejection filters
that worked quite well.  We were looking for all the rejection we could get
for the least expense/work.  Based on the nice work in W2VJN's book on
Managing Interstation Interference we put together cascaded stubs that
rejected 40 and 15M while passing 20 and 10M.  Another set passed 40 and 15M
while rejecting 20 and 10M.  Both sets provided better than 40 dB of
rejection.  This is probably more than you need for QRP and a single stub
might work just fine as Tom indicates.  The cascaded versions are a bit
fussy to construct , and a VNA is almost a necessity to get them right, but
I think the single stubs could be done with a simple antenna analyzer.  In
any case, W2VJN's book is a good read.

---
Chuck, AE4CW