[SEDXC] Ed Sleight

John Harden jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 29 16:20:36 EST 2012

I always thought a lot of Ed... We used to trade military stories...

Ed was a Navy pilot during Vietnam and flew the single-engine
Skyraider...... One day he was on combat air patrol and noticed a covey
of gooks on the ground... One appeared to be holding up a "baby" (old
trick), so he didn't cut loose his ordnance....

Right after that he felt the AK-47 rounds bouncing off the back of his
armored seat... He came back around and cut loose with everything he
had.... four 20 mm cannon, rockets, bombs... That'll teach 'em.....

Douglas A-1H