[SEDXC] Mixed DXCC

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 4 16:52:09 PST 2012

I have always had a Phone DXCC certificate.  Back when N4MM led the move to
upgrade DXCC it was decided to also put your totals into a mixed DXCC.  I
read this to mean that CW and RTTY/Digital holders also were listed in Mixed
unless they already had a Mixed DXCC award.

My totals have shown in both phone and mixed for a number of years but with
my last update I was dropped from the Mixed totals.  I sent an e-mail to the
DXCC desk and was told I again had to have a separate mixed DXCC certificate
and pay the $14 fee which is under the replacement certificate fee schedule.
I assume you pay the fee one time and update applications cover both phone
and mixed DXCC in my case.

I am wondering about what this means for fees as I remember being told to
enter all my QSOs which I have been doing.  But to make them count do I need
to have certificates for each type.  There are  17 different DXCC's plus
5BDXCC and Millenium
listed on the DXCC order form.

I don't plan on paying the $14 fee and decided to drop the idea but then it
hit me that this could add
a big expense to someone tryting to confirm DXCC on all bands and modes.  I
dropped the idea of going after this due to my healthcare expenses after my
bypass surgery in late 1998.  I have 300+ on all bands 80 to 10 except for
60 with 22 and 30 which I do not work.  I have 168 on 160 and 41 on 6 which
I do not work right now.
Now I just update my Overall DXCC which is now at 378.

Being on the DXAC we had to do a complete review of basic rules recently and
I did not see any recent rule changes so I am wondering why this was done
right now or had I been under the radar
until caught.

Just wondering...

Dave K4JRB