[SEDXC] Cycle 24 PVRC Webinar

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 08:24:25 PDT 2012

For those who may have missed the connect info to the last PVRC webinar, and
particularly anyone who did not do a careful read of last month's QST, here
is the link to the recent presentation by K9LA on our current solar cycle:

http://www.pvrc.org/webinar/cycle_24_update.wmv

It's worth a listen. Carl covers everything from 160M to VHF in his
discussion.

10 second summary:

SSN of 60, which we have now, may be all we get.

Peak will be early 2013, but we may be already at the peak WRT to the peak
number achieved.

160 could be good this fall.

Personally, I'm spending a lot of time on 6M and will be on 160M this fall.
The edge bands seem to be where the action is.  I don't recall a dry spell
like we have had for the past two weeks since the late 1960s.

73,

Hal N4GG