[SEDXC] KD4QMY advice needed repair of Icom 746

KD4QMY - George Joyner kd4qmyinfo at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 06:42:00 PDT 2012

11MARCH12

To all,

I have been in contact via email recently with a guy in India whom

I had first met on 10m, his call is VU2XO.

In a recent email he mentioned that he may be visiting his son who lives in the Atlanta area this coming summer and he also mentioned that his Icom 746 is need of repair because the unit no longer transmits.  He has asked me locate someone who would be able to make this repair.

A few years ago I needed a Yaesu FT-1000 repaired and I used a place near Ham Radio Outlet but I don't recall the name, it was actually a Radio and TV repair center but a guy there repaired amateur radio equipment and did a great job with the FT-1000.

I have all Yaesu transceivers so I'm not familiar with Icom and locations of repair centers or individuals who repair Icom.

Any recommendations for a  source of repair for an Icom 746?

Thanks,
KD4QMY - George
Macon, GA
SEDXC Member