[SEDXC] Trip to Bonaire about to Start

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Mon Mar 19 05:46:32 PDT 2012

Tomorrow, Fred, WW4LL, Brian, N4OO (ex NA4BW), Eric, W4DXX, and I will
be leaving by air for Bonaire and the rental QTH there.  We should
arrive on the island about 2100Z Tuesday.  It will take us a while to
get a rental car, buy groceries, and get to the shack.  It may be that
we will not be QRV until Wednesday.  Probably most of Wednesday will be
taken up with putting out beverages and setting up the station, but you
may begin to see spots for PJ4/home calls.  Some of you may not have
worked Bonaire on some bands or modes since it became a new DXCC entity
separate from PJ2 on 10-10-10.  We will be using CW, RTTY, and SSB
outside the contest.

In CQ WPX SSB, we will use the contest call PJ4Z, the same call that
Fred and I used in ARRL 10M Contest in 2004.  Feel free to ask for QSYs
to other bands and modes. We may not be able to accommodate all such
requests, but we will try.  Look for spots and drop by for a QSO or several.

All PJ4Z and some of the portable operations will be uploaded to LOTW
after we return home, which will be on March 27th.

I will try to be QRV in NAQCC Sprint Wednesday night and in NCCC NS
Thursday night.

73, John, K4BAI.