[SEDXC] I-75 Landslide... AFFECTS ANYONE DRIVING TO DAYTON FROM METRO-ATLANTA ...

Weymouth Walker weymouth01 at comcast.net
Sun May 13 10:45:55 PDT 2012

http://www.wate.com/story/18312341/new-wide-load-detour-around-i-75-landslide-repair-in-campbell-county

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – In order to repair the massive landslide that has
occurred near mile marker 143 on I-75 in Campbell County, I-75 South
will remain closed, and one lane of I-75 North will remain open.

The target date for one southbound lane and a second northbound lane to
re-open is Monday, May 21st. TDOT will continue to re-evaluate the
situation, and adjust that schedule accordingly.

Crews are excavating and constructing a soil nail wall, which will
require nails to be drilled as many as 50 feet underneath the
Interstate. This is being done in order to stabilize the rock slope.

Currently, I-75 North has one lane of traffic open for approximately
three miles, from mile marker 141 to mile marker 144.

Motorists should expect potential long delays and use extreme caution
while traveling through this area.

Detour Route for I-75 South: Take Exit 160 in Jellico, follow US 25W to
LaFollette and back onto I-75 South at Exit 134 in Caryville.

Wide Load Detour Route for I-75 South: Take Exit 160 in Jellico, turn
right and follow SR 297 West to SR 63 and back onto I-75 South at Exit 141.

Suggested Alternate Route for I-75 North:Take Exit 134 in Caryville,
follow US 25W to LaFollette and back onto I-75 North at Exit 160 in Jellico.