[SEDXC] Announ;cement: 2012 AL QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed May 16 07:47:31 PDT 2012

Hello David,

Could you please send this to all the ARRL members enrolled on the
Alabama ARRL Members List.

Any questions, please contact me direct

Thanks

Jim/KC4HW

----------PUBLICITY FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE----------------------

Hello all Alabama Amateur Radio Operators!

The Alabama QSO Party (AQP) is just a few weeks away and we need
your help!

The AQP is scheduled for (Saturday) June 2th, starting at 1600Z
(1100AM CDST) running for 12 hours.  Operate any portion or all of
the 12 hours.  Use CW, SSB or both (mixed mode) to make contacts.
You may operate fixed station or mobile.  There are many categories
that you can select from.  Operate on 10 thru 160 meter (NO WARC
Band contacts).  Please visit the website at
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org  for detailed rules, information and
past results.

You don't need to have a big time station to make contacts.
Tribanders, wire antennas will give you great results in the QSO Party.

If you are a seasoned HAM, then it might be a good brush up on your
SSB or CW operating skills prior to the 2011 Field Day.

What a great opportunity to introduce an individual with a new license
to HF radio.  How about taking that friend/buddy that you have been
mentoring to a General class or higher license and get him or her
going on HF.

Here's how:

For SSB:   Alabama stations just call "CQ Alabama QSO Party de
(yourcall) in (your county)", when someone responds, just give then a
signal report and your county abbreviation (see the website for
abbreviations), the responding station will give you a signal report and
their state, VE providence or DX for DX countries).

For CW:  Call CQ AQP (yourcall) (your county) and when someone
responds give them their signal report and your county abbreviation
and they will give you a signal report and state, VE prov or DX for DX
countries.  By the way, this is a great CW event, because you can
work CW at your own speed and stations will slow down to
accommodate a contact with you.

Make as many QSOs as you can in the 12 hour period or for however
long that you can operate.  See the website for information about
logging and a form for logging contacts.

Our goal is to activate all 67 Alabama counties with as many Alabama
stations as possible.  If you are planning to operate from any
county(ies) either as a fixed station or mobile, please let me know at
kc4hw at alabamaqsoparty.org.  We are trying to gather a list of those
that will be participating.

Stations outside Alabama will be looking for you!   There are many DX
countries that participate in QSO Parties and with propagation
improving it should be easier to work Europe.   You should be able to
make contacts on all the bands.

Heck this will be a great pre-Field Day activity for your club's station!
There are several club stations throughtout Alabama that are
scheduled to participate in the Alabama QSO Party.  How about
yours?  Your club doesn't have a club station, contact me and we will
talk about how your club could designate a station as it's own so that
more of your club members could participate.

If you have any questions, please contact
kc4hw at alabamaqsoparty.org

This is Alabama's greatest single operating event--be part of it!

This can be great FUN, give it a try!

Take care and 73!

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org