[SEDXC] For Sale - Kenwood TS-570SG - $700

Bob Wilson w4bw at w4bw.net
Sun May 27 15:19:29 PDT 2012

For Sale - Kenwood TS-570SG HF 160-6m 100w Transceiver - $700.

The G means is has the latest firmware, which was a big upgrade in DSP and
added other desirable functions.  This radio has an Auto Antenna Tuner and
requires a 13.8 VDC @ 22A power supply - none included in this sale.  The
radio is smaller and lighter weight compared to some big box radios today -
about the size of the Elecraft K3, but about 14 lbs or so.  This radio in
great condition and has been used lightly, as it was my father's primary rig
until he became a silent key in 2003.  I have used it occasionally since
then.  It was purchased new from AES about 2002, so he used it less than 2
years.

I also have for sale a Kenwood DRU-3A, and either a Kenwood or Inrad 1.8 kHz
SSB filter - sorry not sure which.  These both work in the TS-570 and other
Kenwood models.  Asking $50 ea for these.

I will be taking these items to the Atlanta Hamfest next Saturday for sale,
but I thought I'd give club members an early preview.

Bob Wilson - W4BW

Email:   <mailto:w4bw at w4bw.net> w4bw at w4bw.net

Cell:  770-355-3939

Radio Highlights

Digital Signal Processing technology is affordable to everyone with the
KenwoodR TS-570SG. This advanced design provides 16-bit DSP technology for
superb audio, noise reduction, equalization and slope tuning. The result is
dramatic interference reduction not available in analog designs. The new NR1
noise reduction system is adjustable in 9 steps increments or can be
assigned to track input signal strength automatically. Both the NR1 and NR2
settings now track when changing mode groups. In SSB/AM/FM modes you can
select a Hi/Low cut DSP slope tune using up to 441 possible combinations. In
CW and FSK the DSP acts as VBT (Variable band Tuning) that alters the
passband width for rejection of nearby signals.

This radio covers the amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters and of course
features a superior general coverage receiver. Power output can be set from
5 to 100 watts. A preset auto antenna tuner and electronic keyer are built
in. The menu system offers 46 types of functions for Technician thru Extra.
Full and semi break-in, dedicated packet port and 57600 bps PC control.
Keypad entry, 100 memories, IF shift, large
<http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/1862lcd.jpg> LCD, Scanning and
CW Auto Tune round out the many features of this transceiver. The MC-43S
hand mic is included. (Please note that only one optional filter may be
added).

Note: The "G" model firmware for the Kenwood TS-570S adds 3 DSP CW filters
and TX audio monitor function.