[SEDXC] Noise wipes out the bands

k4hb k4hb at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 08:58:48 EST 2012

The first step is to pull the main switch while listening on a portable. You may have to be extra nice to your wife, but you need to know for sure if the RFI is coming from your house or elsewhere.

The ARRL has some good information about RFI. On this page they have sound files for different types of interference. http://www.arrl.org/sounds-of-rfi

If you try all you can and can't find the source of your RFI, the ARRL may can help you if you send them sound bytes of the interference. A friend of mine did that and sent sound bytes to Mike, W1MG, at the ARRL. Mike knew right away that it was a water softener, which was found in the guy's neighbor's basement.

 73, Hal K4HB
http://www.k4hb.comhttp://www.Hi-TechRedneck.comhttp://www.k4hb.com/postage.html