[SEDXC] 3A and JX update

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 5 12:05:48 EDT 2012

At 1500Z this morning both 3A and JX were on.  3A/G0VJG was readable at S2
to 3 on 18140.  He gave me 5/5.  He worked a K1 and they struggled to
complete the QSO.

JX9JKA was on 28472 at the same time and was just readable with a word or
call audible at times.  Best reception was due N or SE.  I worked the JX on
17 a couple of months ago and found that again he was best beaming due
North.

There are Mountains in the way of Short Path for SE USA to both 3A and JX.
I remember W6SAI who years ago had a 3A callsign saying that Long Path was
best for most of USA.

73 Dave K4JRB