[SEDXC] ✔ HamJam 2012 Saturday, November 10th

Norman Schklar norman at schklar.com
Sun Sep 23 12:41:04 EDT 2012

Just in case you haven't heard!  HamJam is actively sponsored by SEDXC.  We
share in any profits (to our youth activities) and losses.  So we have a
special interest in making sure HamJam is a success.  There is no reason to
believe it will not again be a great success.  Several SEDXC members have
been very supportive, and that is very much appreciated.  There is no
charge for attendance, so bring friends and family if they have any
interest.  Financial support if through raffle ticket at club meetings and
online from the HamJam web site.

Norm, WA4ZXV

HamJam 2012 will take place on Saturday, November 10th at the Georgia
Gwinnett College Student Center, 1000 University Center Lane Lawrenceville,
GA 30043.  Directions are on the www.hamjam.info web site.

NFARL, SEDXC, and our sponsors are pleased to be able to present the event
as a public service to the amateur radio community. We hope you will be
able to attend and enjoy a morning of visiting with fellow hams, listening
to and interacting with our speakers, and the potential to win one of
our raffle
prizes <http://hamjam.info/index.html#rafflePrizes>.

The event is open to all hams and admission is FREE thanks to the
generosity of our sponsors ... and your generosity in purchasing raffle
tickets <http://hamjam.info/index.html#rafflePrizes>.

Our three outstanding speakers provide an opportunity to hear interesting
and diverse perspectives on amateur radio. This is truly an exceptional
lineup of speakers.

* Gerald Youngblood*, K5SDR of Austin, TX. CEO and President of FlexRadio
Systems, Gerald will speak on the future of amateur radio. He has been a
ham since 1967 as WA5RXV, KE5OH, AC5OG, and now holds an Extra Class
license as K5SDR. In April of 2003 he founded FlexRadio Systems to market
the first Software Defined Radio products to the Amateur Radio market.

* Stephen Galchutt,* wG0AT of Monument, CO. Stephen will speak on SOTA
(Summits on the Air) and his mountain top adventures. He has been a ham
since the mid 50s. His main focus over the years has revolved around QRP,
building his own gear, and operating outdoors. His pack goats Rooster and
Peanut are his trail buddies and help carry his gear.

* Doug Grant*, K1DG of Windham, NH. Doug will speak on Contesting Ethics
and the World Radio Team Championship (WRTC). Â He is an experienced
contester and currently holds the USA record in the CQWW SSB and CW
contests and the CQ160 Meter contest. He is a Director of Contest
University at Dayton Hamvention and Chairman of the 2014 WRTC, a
multi-national contest with 50 two man teams from around the world held
every 4 years.

Much more information on the web site www.hamjam.info

Questions or comments, please send a note. Norman at Schklar.com

Norm Schklar, President
SouthEastern DX Club (SEDXC)
Amateur Radio Station WA4ZXV
Co-Chair for HamJam 2012